In keeping with statistics of the World Immediate Noodles Affiliation in 2020, Vietnam is the third largest on the spot noodle client on the earth after China/Hong Kong and Indonesia. Particularly, Vietnamese individuals consumed a complete of seven billion packages of noodles in 2020, a rise of roughly 30% in comparison with 2019.
The outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic is believed to be the principle purpose for this quantity, as the moment noodle trade performs an vital function in responding to the worldwide Covid-19 emergency. . As well as, the scenario of social distancing and other people’s meals storage habits additionally make on the spot noodle consumption in Vietnam proceed to extend.
Together with different companies within the trade, Acecook Vietnam (or Vina Acecook) – with excellent product strains below the Hao Hao model, has benefited so much. Acecook Vietnam Joint Inventory Firm (Vina Acecook) though established in Ho Chi Minh Metropolis. Ho Chi Minh Metropolis because the finish of 1993 and has Vietnamese nationality, however is basically an FDI enterprise.
The predecessor of this enterprise is Vifon Acecook Joint Enterprise Firm, with 60% capital of Japanese investor Acecook Co., Ltd and the remaining 40% of Vietnam Meals Trade Firm (Vifon) – enterprise 100 % of State capital. Nonetheless, in 2002, Vifon fully divested and Acecook Vietnam grew to become a 100% international owned enterprise.
As of 2020, Acecook Vietnam has a constitution capital of 298 billion VND, of which Japanese shareholder Acecook Co., LTD holds 16.9 million shares, price 169 billion VND, equal to 56.64%. The possession construction of this enterprise additionally has just one Vietnamese shareholder, Mr. Hoang Cao Tri, with a 25.064% stake.
(Photograph: Acecook Vietnam)
The turning level that introduced Acecook Vietnam to the main place was when the corporate launched the Hao Hao noodle model in 2000. By sustaining the inexpensive worth for a few years (at present about 3,500 VND/pack), the Hao Hao branded noodles have turn out to be the “intestine” meals of many courses, from staff to college students, workplace staff, and so on.
By way of manufacturers, in response to the statistics of Kantar Worldpanel in 2019, Hao Hao is likely one of the Four on the spot noodle manufacturers within the prime 10 most voted meals manufacturers in rural areas by customers, and is the model of on the spot noodles. solely voted by city customers. In the meantime, for a few years in a row, Acecook Vietnam has all the time been probably the most voted on the spot noodle model by customers.
By way of market share, in response to information from Financial Life-style, Acecook Vietnam, together with Masan Shopper, Uniben, and Asia Meals, are the 4 main names available in the market, holding practically 88% in quantity and 84% in income. During which, Acecook has all the time maintained its main place available in the market and saved an extended distance from the remaining, with 35.4% in quantity and 36% in income.
Due to this fact, it’s not shocking that Acecook’s enterprise outcomes are superior to different companies in the identical trade. In 2019, Acecook held the highest place, recording an enormous web income of VND 10,648 billion, and a web revenue of VND 1,660 billion.
Asia Meals (mother or father firm) and its factories achieved a complete income of VND 5,454 billion, holding the second place, whereas Masan Shopper earned VND 4,968 billion from the noodle section. Thus, the income of Asia Meals and the noodle section of Masan Shopper mixed has not saved tempo with Acecook.
In recent times, Acecook is selling the manufacturing of cup noodle merchandise. In keeping with Nikkei, the corporate plans to extend gross sales of cup noodles in Vietnam to 350 million servings by 2022, double that of 2017.
On August 20, two Acecook merchandise, Hao Hao and Good, have been recalled by the Meals Security Authority of Eire (FSAI) for holding Ethylene Oxide. In keeping with the FSAI, the consumption of merchandise contaminated with Ethylene Oxide doesn’t pose an acute well being hazard, however may cause most cancers if used recurrently for a very long time.
In the meantime, the consultant of Acecook Vietnam confirmed that the recalled product within the talked about data is an export product, not the identical manufacturing batch because the home product in Vietnam. The corporate additionally mentioned that it doesn’t use Ethylene Oxide expertise at any stage of manufacturing.
Following Financial Life